News in Japanese is written and designed for intermediate to advanced learners, especially for those who are interested in:
- reading authentic Japanese texts after finishing intermediate-level textbooks.
- learning expressions that often appear in Japanese news.
- talking about current affairs in Japanese.
- improving listening skills.
- improving reading comprehension skills.
The book contains 18 news articles in the year 2011 covering different topics and each news article consists of the following 8 sections.
- The photo with the news title
- Three comprehension questions
- The article without furigana
- The article with furigana
- The English translation
- Three grammar points
- Translation and answers to comprehension questions
Glossaries (Japanese to English/English to Japanese) are provided at the end of the book for your easy reference.
The audio recording is available for download and the link is included in the book.